Malpua is a delicious round fried bread that's soaked in sugar syrup. It's perfect to meet all your sugar cravings!
- For Malpua
- 1\2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp semolina flour or wheat flour
- 5-7 cashews soaked in hot water and grind to paste
- 1-1/2 cups of almond milk ( heat up milk and reduce to thicken )
- 2 cups of Crisco vegetable shortening for frying
- Cut or crush pistachios or shave almonds to garnish
- pinch of saffron
- For sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Heat water in a pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar and let it thicken.
- Simmer the syrup until it attains one string consistency.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the Malpua in a bowl. The batter should be thinner than the pancake batter.