These creamy muffins are made with a blend of bananas and coconut water - so tropical and healthy! Swirl a bit of colorful powders for the unicorn look, and voilà! You've created a bite-sized fantasy.
Unicorn Banana Nice Kream Muffins
Servings: 9 muffins
Active time: 30 min
For the nice cream:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup young thai coconut water
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
- 1 tsp butterfly pea powder
- 1 tsp blue spirulina
For the muffins:
- 1 cup gluten free granola of choice
- 10 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp unrefined melted
- coconut oil
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Put your granola, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt into the food processor and blend.
- Use parchment paper or muffin paper cups inside your tin and press the muffin mix down firm.
- Now whip up your bananas & coconut water in a blender till smooth.
- Separate your nice cream in 3 containers and add each color, then spoon batter one color at a time into the muffins and swirl with a knife for the unicorn look.
- If you want to add berries, do not add them right away. Put the muffins into the freezer for 15-20 mins until its semi-firm and then press your fruit into the molds, then return to freezer for 1-2 hours. If you don't wait, they will sink to the bottom.