As we get ready to welcome the fall, and all things orange, here's The Fussy Veggie Guide's savory pumpkin hummus recipe that will wow you and your family!
Cooking time: 50 mins
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 pumpkin (butternut squash)
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp filtered water
- 1 tsp tahini (can substitute for nut butter or nutritional yeast)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1/2 tsp ground chili
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel and chop pumpkin into 1 cm cubes
- Cover with coconut oil and half the spices and roast for 25-30 mins
- De-skin the chickpeas for a smoother hummus
- When the pumpkin is cooked, remove from oven, and cool
- Once cooled, add to a blender with remaining spices, oil, chickpeas, water, and tahini (or nut butter/ nutritional yeast)
- Blitz until smooth and serve!
If you liked this recipe, follow The Fussy Vegan Guide's Website and YouTube channel.