Who doesn’t enjoy a good, colorful, simple soup every now and then? This was purple potato, squash and beet soup - they are all delicious with a hint of sweetness. Pair with some bread and you’ll get a perfect feast for fall!
Three Color Soup
Active time: 1 hr
- 500g purple poatoes
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 small beets
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped (purple/yellow)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy/tamari
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Thumb ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop your beet, potato, squash and bake at 400F/205C for 30 minutes. Toss with coconut oil & salt/pepper
- Saute your onion in coconut oil for a few minutes then add carrots, garlic, fennel, ginger
- Cook a few minutes, add your veggie broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and distribute evenly among 3 containers. This will be your base.
- Once veggies are done roasting in oven, take beets and one bowl of your base to a blender and mix. Adjust consistency with more coconut milk.
- Follow the same process, take purple potatoes and one bowl of your base and adjust consistency. Do the same for your squash as well.
- Now you’ll have 3 different flavors of soups, finish with some vegan yogurt and enjoy!