At an exciting time, abillion is hiring an Engineering Manager to lead our technical team. You’ll organise and implement processes to enable our engineers to work at maximum productivity and efficiency, set up development tracks to accelerate their technical and personal growth, and nurture a welcoming and supportive culture focused on outcomes.
You’ll be in charge of a passionate and highly capable engineering team. With your influential leadership and strategic communication skills, you’ll make sure that collaboration within the team is seamless, and each individual is empowered to work efficiently and autonomously to hit product and business objectives.
Acting as the engineering team’s point of contact for key leaders across the organisation, you'll contribute to the product strategy and road map. Working with the Product Managers, Designers and Data team to identify user problems, brainstorm and prioritize solutions; and coordinating with relevant teams to ensure that features are released in a swift and reliable manner.
Most importantly you’ll be an inspiring mentor and create an enjoyable and productive development experience that puts a premium on your engineer’s happiness.
If you are keen to learn and grow together with our team and are excited about the impact you will be making on the plant-based movement, we want to hear from you!
- Introducing and encouraging best practices for code management, reliability and performance – helping engineers remove all roadblocks to writing code
- Collaborate across cross functional teams on a regular basis to plan, design and build features and improvements to our products.
- Scrum management: running sprints, analyzing velocity, and working with Product Managers on prioritization and estimations
- Supporting engineers' growth and development through creating development tracks
- Perform as a hiring manager for recruitment efforts to scale the team
- Provide mentorship where needed to elevate the team’s collective performance
- Maintain an enjoyable and effective engineering team culture
- We’re looking for an experienced candidate who’s ready to take on the responsibilities of being a leader, a mentor and a team player. You'll have solid fundamentals with software development, technical team management and a product-focused mindset.
- We want people with strong opinions but small egos, who make informed decisions but value what others think. We need someone willing to take and give honest feedback in order to drive the team, and the company, to greater heights. We value people who take the long view, but who can move quickly when needed.
- You'll want others to succeed as much as yourself, and that will be reflected in the quality of your work, your communication with the team, and the effort you put in to make others around you shine. You'll love cultivating healthy and authentic relationships with people, managing expectations and rallying the whole team to align around company goals.