The Data team at abillion is looking to hire a Data Engineer to build and enhance Data infrastructure that will optimise member experience, and power the insights on our platform. The Data Engineer will collaborate with Data Scientists, Engineers and Product Managers among other key stakeholders across the organization.
As the first Data Engineer in the team, you’ll have the incredible opportunity of building foundational infrastructure to meet the needs of our growing digital ecosystem. This will include building and influencing our core data pipelines, machine learning platform, cloud infrastructure and data products. If you're looking to create a significant impact in a fast-growing platform, this is the team for you!
If you are keen to learn and grow together with our team and are excited about the impact you will be making on the plant-based movement, we want to hear from you!
- Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines (batch & streaming) to move data
- Build production-ready solutions of data models created by the data scientists
- Manage cloud infrastructure
- Design, build and launch Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence infrastructure
- Design, build and launch ETL processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or have equivalent professional experience
- 5-10 years experience
- Experience in building, maintaining and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience with Python
- Experience with relational databases (SQL), database design and modelling (e.g., PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Neo4j)
- Familiar with Machine Learning models
- Familiar with DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Docker) and cloud services (e.g.,AWS, GCP)
- Familiar with Data Security concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about learning new things and continuously upgrading skills
- Keen to make a positive impact with technical skills