Communications Executive Intern
The abillion communications team is looking for a smart and ambitious executive that is eager to learn more about global communications and who will benefit from real hands-on experience and training.
You should have some experience, academic and/or professional in media and communications. You should be good at summarising ideas and crafting memorable sound bites. You should be confident and articulate; you should be a good written and verbal communicator, at ease with presenting to anyone and everyone, regardless of age of station. You should be a voracious reader and up to date on current events and trends.
If you are keen to learn and grow together with our team and are excited about the impact you will be making on the plant-based movement, we want to hear from you!
- Keeping abreast of current trends in the sustainability space, seeing how they relate to our work and our company
- Assisting in managing our communications calendar
- Writing press releases
- Assisting in managing our media list, which involves identifying and building relationships with journalists important to abillion
- Pitching releases to select media
- Responding to queries by media
- Monitoring media for mention of abillion and assessing if any mentions require action by the company
- Seeking and managing speaking engagements and opportunities for designated spokespersons, including our CEO
- Some experience studying media and communications or professional experience working in the sector
- Must have an excellent understanding of different media platforms
- Ability to write, edit and proof-read quality written content fit for media release
- Good verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar software
- Fluency in English. Fluency in additional languages is a plus
- Minimum commitment of 2 months
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in teams and autonomously
- Able to function effectively with ambiguity and willing to take considered risks to achieve cut-through
- Good organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated passion in the sustainability space a must